Who Has to Report?

ANYONE who suspects a child has been abused or neglected can file a report with the Massachusetts Department of Children and Families (DCF) or call their local police department.

People whose jobs regularly bring them in contact with children and who have been specifically designated by the Legislature as mandated reporters are legally obligated to notify DCF when they suspect a child under the age of 18 is being abused or neglected.